- University of Utah, Salt Lake City
- Ph.D. in Music Composition.
- Dissertation under Morris Rosenzweig.
- Queens College, Aaron Copland School of Music, New York
- MA degree in Music Composition
- Composition Studies with Morris Rosenzweig, Paul Levy, Thea Masgrave, Bruce Saylor .
- Jazz arranging with Sir. Roland Hanna.
- New School for Social Research, New York City
- BFA in Jazz and Contemporary Music with emphasis on Jazz Guitar Performance.
- Guitar Studies with Jim Hall and Vic Juris. Jazz Composition and Arranging with Bill Kirshner.
- Further Jazz Studies with Reggie Workman, Jimmy Owens, Andrew Cyrille and Gary Dial.
- Mannes College of Music, New York City
- Three-year Diploma in Jazz and Classical Studies.
- Guitar Studies with Peter Bernstein, Richard Boukas and Jack Wilkins.
- National Conservatory of Cyprus, Lefkosia
- Studies in Classical Guitar.
Further Composition Studies with:
- Mario Davidovsky. Paul Lansky, Jonathan Harvey, Steven Mackey, Chen Yi, Henry Martin.
Important Educational Seminars/Workshops
- The Pierre Boulez Workshop at Carnegie Hall (2000).
- The Symposium on Arts & Technology in Salt Lake City (2005).
- The Composers Conference at Wellesly College in Massachusetts (2006).
- Project Nono , one week workshop dedicated to the music of Luigi Nono at Banff center, Canada, (2009).
- The 3rd International Conference on Mathematics and Computation in Music (MCM 2011) June, 2011 at IRCAM the Institute for Research and Coordination of Acoustics and Music in Paris, France.
- Pharos Arts Foundation Contemporary Music Workshop with Ensemble EL PERRO ANDALUZ , Cyprus, (2012)
- 2nd annual Festival by Center of Cypriot Composers, talk on Iannis Xenakis.
- Tchaikovsky Music Academy in Tchaikovsky city, Russia (2013), Resident Composer.
- Department of Architecture (University of Cyprus), talk on Music and Form.
- Department of Music (University of Nicosia), Talk on Composition and Structure.
- Perm Conservatory of Music, Speaker at the annual musicological conference: “Towards a Path Near a Bridge” Iannis Xenaki’s N’Shima.
- Hellenic Center (London, UK), Lecture on Equilibrium for solo prepared piano.
- -Leroy Robertson Scholarship in Composition, 2003 (Utah, USA)
- -UTA (University Teaching Award and Grant), 2003 (Utah, USA)
- -Finalist at the 2004 Rare/Scale International Alto Flute International Competition in London “Aneresis” for violin and flute, (2004).
- -Finalist in the International 2005 Hulgren Solo Cello Works Biennial Concert “Eastern Prayer” for Solo Amplified Cello, (2005).
- -Leroy Robertson Prize in Music, 2006 (Utah, USA)
- -Finalist in the 2006 ASCAP International Composition Competition, Work: STOES for small instrumental ensemble.
- -Finalist for the 2006 ALEA III International Composition Competition in Boston receiving the honorary award. Work: STOES for small instrumental ensemble.
- -Full-tuition scholarship as a resident composer in Banff Centre, Canada, (2009).
- – First-prize winner in a Composition Competition by the Cyprus Symphony Orchestra, Work: “Odyssey” (2010)
2019-Present European University Cyprus
Areas: Composition, Theory
2016-Present Freelance Composer/Performer and Teacher
Music Lyceum instructor of Jazz Guitar and Improvisation
2013-15 Arte Music Academy Full-time Professor of Music
Areas: Composition, Theory/Analysis, Jazz Studies, Improvisation
2006-13 University of Nicosia Assistant Professor of Music
Areas: Composition, Theory/Analysis, Orchestration, Jazz Studies
2001-4 University of Utah Fellowship
Duties: Teach Orchestration, Elements of Theory, Theory I, Theory II and Ear Training
2000-1 Brooklyn – Queens Conservatory of Music, New York City Instructor
Duties: Jazz Guitar and Theory Instructor
1999-2000 St. Demetrios High School, Queens New York Music Teacher